CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Number Eighty-two

I'm not sure what the true definition of a stiletto is, but for me, it's a shoe with a high, spike heel that I would usually classify as lingerie.  Why?  Because stiletto's are S E X Y!!!! Really, they should be sold in the lingerie department and Nina suggests in order to walk better in them, you need to, "Practice, Practice, Practice."  Think about it, if you wore them as lingerie, you wouldn't have to walk very far, or very long.  Enough dirty talk.

I have owned stiletto's in my life and they really do make you feel so tall and thin and classy and...SEXY!  And, you do have to practice walking in them.  I'm not sure I have a pair in my current shoe collection but I do plan on owning a pair or two again in my life.  I recently went on a shopping trip with my sister's and we made a stop in the Saks shoe department.  (By the way, I've only been in Saks maybe five times in my life and I used to work at the mall where it's located.  I'm not sure my sister's have been in Saks in the last 30 years.) I was in heaven.  They, on the other hand, were both shocked and I dare say on some level disgusted by the inventory of $500 Manolo Blahnik's or Chanel flip-flops.  (Yes, Chanel, rubber flip-flops for $500. Even I was a bit disgusted by that.) The look on their faces as they flipped over the signature red soles of Christian Louboutin stiletto's starting at $800 was priceless.  (One of my sister's said, "Really?  You need to be an acrobat to walk in those things.")  Mind you, at the same time my sister was saying this, a customer walked up and asked the adorable and very un-pretentious sales girl, "Do you any any new Louboutin's?"  As if she already owned everything that was on display.  My sister and I looked at each other and just smiled.

I must admit, I wanted very badly to buy a pair of Manolo Blahnik's and I know that someday I will.  I know, I know, I live in Farmington, New Mexico and it's ridiculous to spend $500 on a pair of shoes, but just think how fabulous they'll look with my lingerie, suit.

Number Eighty-two - stilettos.  Twenty-nine down, seventy-one to go.

1 comments:

Jennifer Martinez-Maestas said...

Stilletos...my favorite!!!! As you know Kevin is moving to Korea this summer and his first task in Korea is to send me home a pair of Jimmy Choo's! Mr. Jimmy Choo is from South Korea the city that Kevin is moving to. Stilletos are something i think all women long for!!!!!! Can I help pick out the Manolo's??????